Safety Workshop on the morning of the AGM 21/1/18 @ 11am-12.30pm
We have had a great uptake, but just to remind all, clubs need to email [email protected] to confirm attendance.
It is being run by the British Rowing Honorary Safety Advisor – Stephen Worley and his wife Andrea. They have already worked with some gig clubs and all have found it hugely beneficial. They are volunteers giving their time, for the benefit of the CPGA member clubs.
- Introductions and Opening Remarks
- What does go wrong? What can happen to a gig and its crew?
- Introduction to Risk Management – understanding the terms “Hazards”, “Barriers”, “Hazardous Events”, and “Controls”.
- Participation in the Risk Management Card Game (in groups of 3 or 4), this is specific to Gig rowing; it reinforces the concepts and the advantage of a structured approach.
- How RowSafe can help with this.
- The importance of behaviour in relation to safety.
- An introduction to the concepts of Management and Leadership.
- Available Resources – other on-line training, RowSafe etc.
- What to do if things go wrong. How to call for help. Some general information on Lifejackets.
- Questions and Answers