The following information has been sent to us at GigRower.co.uk from the IOS World Champs Committee regarding the champs in 2020.
The objective is to limit the number of gigs for 2020 and subsequent years to 120 plus the Isles of Scilly gigs. In order for this to happen for 2020, the 2019 results will be the first time that the following selection criteria will be used;
1. The Isles of Scilly (IoS) gigs will automatically get one invitation only.
2. Each invitation entitles the club to bring one gig for entry in any (or all) race(s). The invitation is to the club – not to a named gig.
3. For any club to be eligible for an invitation to the WPGC, the club must be in existence for at least 12 months.
4. All CPGA-affiliated clubs will automatically get one invitation.
5. The current Private clubs, Penryn and Porthgain, will get one invitation each. New Private clubs will get an invitation.
at the discretion of the Committee.
6. International clubs not affiliated to the CPGA will get one invitation.
7. Each of the first 12 gigs finishing in the Final of the Ladies Open on Sunday will secure an additional invitation to that crew’s registered club.
8. Each of the first 12 gigs finishing in the Final of the Mens Open on Sunday that has not triggered an additional invitation to the same club in the Ladies Open will now secure an additional invitation to that crew’s registered club. For example … Black Rock finishes in the top 12 Ladies and secures an invitation to that crew’s club. Black Rock also finishes in the top 12 Mens but does not secure another invitation if rowed by a crew from the same club. If Black Rock is rowed by a crew from a different club and finishes in the top 12 Mens, this will secure an additional invitation to that crew’s club. If Energy does finish in the top 12 mens, this secures an additional invitation for the club if rowed by a crew from the same club which rowed Black Rock in the Ladies.
9. Each of the first three gig’s crews which finish in the top three of the Vets and SuperVets (Ladies and Mens) which
do not trigger an invitation through the Open races will secure an additional invitation to that crew’s registered club.
10. There will be a ‘wild card’ system which the WPGC Committee will operate at its discretion. This will allow extra gigs to be included to make up numbers if necessary.
11. In any event, the maximum number of invitations per non-IoS club is three.
1100 VET’S COX’S MEETING
1300 St Agnes Ladies’ Vets
1330 St Agnes Ladies’ S/Vets
1445 St Agnes Men’s Vets
1515 St Agnes Men’s S/Vets
1700 Nut Rock Ladies’ Vets
1730 Nut Rock Ladies’ S/Vets
1900 Nut Rock Men’s Vets
1930 Nut Rock Men’s S/Vets
0900 Nut Rock Ladies’ Vets Final
0910 Nut Rock Ladies’ S/Vets Final
1000 Nut Rock Men’s Vets Final
1010 Nut Rock Men’s S/Vets Final
1040 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COX’S MEETING
1230 St Agnes Ladies’ Round 1
1400 St Agnes Men’s Round 1
1515 Nut Rock Ladies’ Round 2
1700 Nut Rock Men’s Round 2
1000 Nut Rock Ladies’ Round 3
1145 Nut Rock Men’s Round 3
1330 Nut Rock Ladies’ Final
1530 Nut Rock Men’s Final
Let us know your thoughts on the changes below!