As part of our live drone coverage at Scilly, we are able to pull graphics into the live video feed to support the commentary.
One of the graphics we feel would add value to the broadcast are some ‘Rower Profile’ graphics that give some interesting information about the crews and rowers the viewers are looking at. Just like when you watch the rugby or football.
If you would like your crew to be featured then please nominate one member of your crew to collect all the information together, as well as the photos, and then submit them online (links at bottom of page).
- INFO WE NEED: For each crew member please tell us:
- Weight (optional)
- Best Scilly result (and when)
- Background (short life story)
- IMAGES – VERY IMPORTANT: Please change the file name for each photo to the name of that rower e.g. john_smith_falmouth.jpg as all the images get uploaded to a single folder. You will need a Google account to upload images, if you don’t have one it is very easy to set one up. If you still have problems email the crew photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with your crew, club, and boat as the subject line (images still need to be named). Here is how to rename image on a PC and on a Mac.
- LEGAL: You understand that the images and text will be shared on Facebook as well as in other media and you and your crew are happy for this to happen. We can take no responsibility for any errors in uploading or broadcast the information you have shared.
- DEADLINE: Midnight on Tuesday, May 1st
- SPONSORS: It is a great opportunity to thank your sponsors, so if you have branded team kit put it on.
- GUARANTEE: We can’t guarantee you will appear in the live feed as we have no idea how many crews will upload photos. Regardless we do promise to produce graphics for everyone that uploads them and post them as an album for your crew on Facebook.
IF YOU DON’T want rower profile graphics for your crew, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM ANYWAY as it is still helpful for the commentary.
The GigRower Team