There will be a Cornwall County meeting at 10.00am before the start of the workshops on Sunday 21st at the CPGA AGM.
The business of the meeting will be to approve the following arrangements for selection and preparation of Cornwall crews for the Tribute County Championships in June.
- Martin Langdon (Charlestown) and Ryan Watts (Mount’s Bay) to act as selectors for women’s crews and for men’s crews respectively.
- Mark Wherry (St Goran) to assist where required in the selection procedure.
These three people were the only ones nominated by clubs during the election process.
- Jerry Crapp (Fowey) to be co-opted as selector for junior crews.
There were two non-selector positions on the committee suggested by CPGA, a Head Coach and a Team Manager, both with voting powers. No nominations were received for either post.
- It is proposed that the selectors organise the coaching procedure(s) and co-opt suitable coaches if There will therefore be no Head Coach needed and the co-opted coaches will have advisory and not voting powers.
- It is proposed that there shall be no Team Manager. Any necessary clerical work will be done by me, Jane Callaghan, and no voting powers need to be attached to this position.
- Selection decisions will therefore be taken solely by the three selectors.
If the above arrangements are approved, the selectors can get on with producing an outline of their proposed selection procedures to be approved by CPGA. The criteria are summarised here:
- ‘Counties…..organise their own equitable selection policies and processes. These must adhere strictly to governing body guidelines on equality, diversity and inclusion and must not be discriminatory in any way.’
- Policies and processes must be ‘totally transparent and published to all clubs within their geographical boundary.’
- Policies and processes must be approved by CPGA before any selections are made.
- All revisions and alterations must be approved by CPGA.
Any club wanting to give a blanket yes or no to these proposals is welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their response. If anyone would like to add to, subtract, change or argue about any of them, please come to the meeting where all voices will have a chance to be heard.
Courtesy of Jane Callaghan