This year will be the biggest World Pilot Gig Championships by far, here are some numbers:
- 150pilot gigs
- 3,300rowers (number gigs x 22 for mens and ladies and vets)
- An additional 1,000 coxes, family, friends and spectators
- A further 5,000other rowers and fans following from the mainland and across the world
GigRower continues to be the main online resource for rowers and those interested in rowing, here are some more numbers:
- Our website will get over 25,000unique visits in the three weeks before and one week after the Championships
- These users will view over 80,000pages and spend around 3 minutes a visit on the site
- From the Thursday to the Monday of the Championships we will average around 1,500unique visits a day
- Our Facebook page goes nuts – reach and engagement are in the thousands on a daily basis. Just to give you one example, the photos we took alone got over 100,000clicks, shares and comments.
We are running a BIG SCILLY GIVEAWAY competition this year and we would like to invite you to get involved.
To enter, entrants will have to give us their name and email. We expect to get around 3-5,000 entries over the next few weeks and the winner will be selected the week after the Championships. We will be pushing the competition heavily on our website, social media and partner network.
What do you need to do?
To be involved all you need to do is provide a prize worth a minimum of £50.
There will be twelve prizes in total. Winners will be randomly selected from the software we are using.
What do you get in return?
We can’t share the email list with you, but we will send out one email on your behalf to the whole list.
This can be sent at any time in the next year. The email will be built in MailChimp, and MUST be some kind of offer or discount for rowers.
You will supply us with the subject, copy, images and CTA. We will build you a test email and send it to you for approval. Once approved all you need to do is let us know the time and date you want it sent.
We will also give you a report on open and click through rates.
In addition your brand will also get significant exposure through the competition itself.
If you want to get involved this is what we need:
- An image of your prize
- 50 words describing your prize
- A URL link where people can get more information
- Any relevant T&Cs
Please get back to us ASAP in the first week of April via [email protected]