Photo courtesy of Jo Zimber on Facebook
Message from Penryn:
An enormous thank you to all who helped make the Good Friday Race 2016 such a success – in no particular order:
- The Safety Boat personnel without whom the race could not take place
- The Catering department who kept everyone refuelled (no low blood sugar crises here!)
- Sean and team for the starting and finishing and results
- The Harbourmaster for invaluable support in the organisation
- DJ and Jock for organising the course
- Bev Davis for co-ordinating it all
BUT CHIEFLY – all the competitors and spectators who made a great spectacle and advertisement for the sport.
We had 26 craft, ranging from 4 single rowers in 15 ft skiffs , through randans, a flashboat, a multitude of gigs, and a surfboat. First craft away was the ladies supervet pair of paddles at 16:45, and last were the 5 GRP gigs at 17:20.
First across the line to take line honours was the Saltash randan skiff 60 at 18:02:13, and the last boat in was the surfboat at 18:30:51.
Attached is the table of the final results, adjusted so that the GRP gigs, which have to start well apart from the wooden craft for safety reasons, are placed where they would have come if they had been wooden.
We hope that everyone enjoyed the event, if you have any suggestions as to how we could improve it, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will discuss at our “wash-up” meeting.
Look forward to seeing you all next year,