Flushing & Mylor Pilot Gig Club are selling a set of Pilot Gig Oars. Bids to be sent to [email protected] by 6pm on Sunday October 18th. The highest bidder will be informed shortly after. Payment would be required within one week and collection as soon as possible after. Starting bid is £390.
Details are as follows:
- Set of 6 “Celtic” Traditional Oars made by Andrew Nancarrow.
- Manufacture date unknown, but before FMPGC was formed in 2004
- Oar Overall Lengths:
No.3 & 4: – 13’ 00” -(396cms)
2 & 5: – 12’ 10” -(290.5cms)
Stroke: – 12’ 05.5” -(380cms)
Bow: – 12’ 06” -(381cms)
- Traditional Blade Dimensions:
All = Length: 32.25”–(82cms)
Tip & Widest Width: 7 1/8th“– 18cms)
- The stroke oar has had a new inboard section scarfed on, due to a crack, but the oar is now sound and still sets perfectly in the water.
- Overall the set are reasonably light for traditional oars, and are also quite flexible which helps less experienced crews.
- For our club the set has proved ideal for beginners and development crews, and they have done good service.
- We are selling them only because we are now able to buy a new set to replace them.