On behalf of the parents and members of Coverack Gig Club I would like to personally thank everyone who helped out in any way during the emergency of one of our junior members who had fallen from the Todden onto the rocks below.
We are delighted and relieved to inform you that he was released from Treliske Hospital this morning with a number of bumps and bruises to his body and head but no fractures.
- The Lizard RNLI Lifeboat (Dan and other crew members).
- The Lizard Auxiliary Coastguard (Mike Stevens and team).
- HM Coastguards Falmouth (Officer of the Watch – Andy Cattrell and team).
- Cornwall Air Ambulance.
- Newquay Rowing Club/Newquay RNLI Crew member (Jo Emmett).
- Cadgwith Gig Club and Paul Collins for the unflappable way he co-ordinated the clearance of gigs and rowers etc. etc. via the P/A System.
- Coverack Gig Club (Ted Blandford).
- Hayle Gig Club member (Trevor).
“This was a great team effort by one and all”
The junior rower concerned has informed me that he wished to carry out a sponsored row on the club’s Ergometer to raise funds for some of the above charities as his way of saying a big thank you.
Coverack Gig Club